The holidays are the perfect time to show how much you care for your loved ones. But this holiday season, show your cabinets and countertops some care!
Proper care for cabinets can keep them looking beautiful and in working condition for years, so here are some of our favorite tips for how to make that happen!
Care for cabinets:
- Dust regularly with a soft, lint-free cloths. The cloth can be dampened slightly with water or a spray-type dust remover
- Remove grease build-up with grease fighting products such as Fantastik. Apply these products and remove quickly, then wash cabinets with a mild soap.
- We recommend polishing your cabinets once or twice a year. Use a light coat of furniture polish to do this.
- When cleaning glass doors, be careful not to spray directly onto the cabinet as it can seep and discolor the wood. Instead, spray into paper towel or cloth, and then wipe glass.
- Clean roller and ball bearing drawer slides periodically with a soft damp cloth, but be careful to avoid removing grease from the manufacturer to ensure smooth quiet operation and long life.
And don’t forget to seal your granite every 7-8 years! Doing so helps to keep your granite non-porous, making it resistant to bacteria and staining.
Also, check back frequently for more exciting information about our Extreme Makeover: Home Edition kitchen makeover!
Don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook! Stay up to date on all the latest happenings with us, such as our Holiday Food Drive. Check it out for more information!